and exciting? Get to know us a little
unique and exciting? Get to know us
a little better.
Global Business Development Director oversees the Business Development Division, driving sales and global growth across all ZURU categories. Establishes, manages and drives global brand and category growth targets, working in a cross team capacity to align Product Development and MM to those targets. Responsible for commercial decision making including but not limited to pricing, P&L tracking, channel management, promotional opportunities, and instore merchandising. Manages product strategy at brand and market level in tandem with Global Business Development & Sales teams, aligning on global rollouts and allocation. Manages brand forecasting, gap analyses and market heat maps, and leads cross-team action plans. Drives in depth category and market analyses with BDS teams to identify gaps, opportunities, challenges and BDS learnings, feeding back to wider team with recommendations. Work closely with Sales management to set and deliver brand strategy to customers. Driving category development and growth across each pod. Working in tandem with Global Brand Director and Marketing Director to achieve brand and team KPIs.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Sales Account Managing or Business Management
- Must demonstrate strong leadership ability and be able to influence and motivate cross-functional teams and hold stakeholders accountable.
- Knowledge of business development principles including product development, brand strategy, sales account management, budgeting, and analysis.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to product quality and safety.
- Must be a self-starter with energy, creativity and determination to accomplish goals.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Related Degree or equivalent relevant experience in Business Development and/or Sales
- Oversee Business Development team across ZURU portfolio, accountable for brand performance and growth
- Align with cross-functional partners including BDMs, DCP, Sales, and MMs on product development, including product launch timing, market rollout planning, FTMs, milestone planning & communication, channel mgmt. requirements, forecasting, and customized range requirements
- Develop strategic short, mid and long term pod and brand plans– working with Management & team leaders to build out range architecture and brand strategy. across all pods.
- Work with GBD on tri-annual SKU setting including range architecture and pricing.
- Work with GBD, DCP and Sales on global market rollout planning including allocation and timing requirements per market and brand.
- Work closely with global sales teams to develop bespoke strategies and plans for top accounts.
- Work in tandem with BD&S and Marketing Directors to set pod and brand goals and strategies to driving these, along with team KPIs
- Lead and collaborate with sales/BDM and customization teams to create customized items, packaging and pack outs for efficient channel mgmt. globally.
- Lead brand gap analyses through each phase of forecasting, working with Sales Operations, Sales and MM teams to identify and rectify initial gaps and challenges in sell in pre-launch
- Lead continuous brand gap analyses with BDMs and Sales teams through monthly heat map monitoring, P&Ls, KPI tracking to establish brand sell in, gaps, challenges, opportunities and ongoing profitability.
- Lead POS analysis fortnightly across each brand with BDM, MMs and Sales to analyse sell through, challenges, learnings, successes and action plans by brand, account and market, generation recommendations and findings for presentation during team and mgmt. meetings
- Collaborate with GBD/Sales and customization teams to create customized items, packaging and pack outs for efficient channel mgmt. globally, driving pricing, placement and profitability.
- Lead Business Development & Sales updates at fortnightly pod meetings and monthly pod leadership updates
- Strategically identify new global product and incremental category opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of the industry, category, and consumer behaviour.