and exciting? Get to know us a little
unique and exciting? Get to know us
a little better.
The Business Development & Sales Manager is responsible for the growth and profitability of their Business Unit Category across the organization.
Strategic, well-organized and analytical, the BD & SM can envision and work toward the “big picture” while driving best in-class day-to-day execution. They can articulate clearly their Business Unit Category’s objectives and strategy and motivate others across the organisation to meet those goals. Overall, the BD & SM is a sales focussed leader who can make decisions to orchestrate successful business outcomes on a consistent basis. The BD & SM oversees all brand forecasting, gap analyses and market heat maps and global roll out and allocation plans for their brands. They champion in depth understanding of their category, brand and buyers/customers globally and uses this understanding to provide strategic solutions to drive growth.
Global travel required with regular time spent in China.
- Strategic leadership over Business Unit Category (Brand Accounts and P&L) accountable to driving Global Brand Sales Growth & Profitability.
- Ensures clear KPI’s are set and can influence and motivate all departments to deliver against their objectives to the highest standards.
- Sets the Global BU Strategy and overseas execution across all departments and levels incl. product, manufacturing, sales & marketing.
- Drives Sales strategy including commercial models, distribution & channel management, promotional strategies and relevant customisations in line with BU strategy and goals.
- Works with all Sales Country and Account Managers to deliver strategic, tailored and persuasive Brand Programs that achieve sales targets, as well as tactical opportunities and new solutions to fill gaps.
- Develop persuasive global and bespoke local Sales tools and ensure all Sales platforms are maintained (Price List, Std List) and merchandising across all BU requirements/plans.
- Oversees pricing strategy, commercial strategy and profitability.
- Builds strong relationships with Sales, Buyers and Retail partner marketing teams.
- Manages Global Forecasts and Business Growth plans & holds each team accountable to achieving these.
- Works with Planning team to set capacity and market allocations when necessary, and works with DCP closely on any capacity issues and allocations.
- Actively conducts in-depth customer/market analysis and is an expert in their BU category.
- Collaborates with Divisions Product Managers and Brand Marketing Managers to develops short, medium and long-term strategic Product, Sales & Marketing plans to deliver growth considering innovation agenda and product life-cycle planning.
- Strategically identify new global product and incremental category opportunities.
- Partner with R&D & Category Product Manager on new product development understanding in-depth product plans, manufacturing and supply chain to be able assess new opportunities.
- Identifies market & customer range gaps, customer challenges and provides creative and innovative solutions to win new business.
- Works with factory/NPD closely to ensure supply chain execution & manufacturing optimization to drive profitability.
- Consistently tracks sell through results at retailers globally, optimizing future product development, sales strategies and marketing support to drive growth.
- Provides on-going cross market learnings, sales tools and solutions for growth.
- Manages Global reporting and KPI tracking.
- Brings new opportunities, tools and solutions to the business to continue to support BU growth and can effectively get stakeholder buy-in.
- Be constantly aware of customer feedback and be optimizing strategies for BU based on consumer, industry and competitive trends
- 0-2yrs experience in Sales Account Management or Business Management.
- Highly self-driven and commercially minded.
- Thrives on solving consumer and customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be able to set priorities, stay focused, and achieve milestones.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability and be able to influence and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.